Friday, May 27, 2011

Game 50/162, Red Sox 14, Tigers 1, Red Sox Win Through 7 1/2 Innings (Rain)




Hey guy, I haven't been here for a while as the Sox are destroying because as some of you might know, I was in Cleveland for the past few days at the Wednesday 14-2 win over the Indians at Progressive Field. I haven't made the post and uploaded the pictures yet because of technical difficulties but I'm hoping those will be up soon. By the way, Cleveland is way further from me that I thought.

Now, getting back to topic, the Red Sox have scored 14 runs in the last two games. This is the ninth time the Red Sox have scored 14+ runs in two consecutive games. The last time was in 1998 vs the Expos and White Sox.

Aceves pitched very well, going six strong innings and giving up 1 ER. Crawford went 4 for 5 and has gone 8 for 9 in the last two days. Ellsbury did well again with a three run homer to right.

Josh Reddick (who I saw playing in Rochester) went 3 for 5 with 3 RBI after replacing Darnell McDonald. Drew Sutton also did well and hit 2 doubles and had 2 RBI.

Crawford had two triples while in Cleveland, he only needed one to complete the cycle a day earlier. 

Here are the AL East current standings!

                W   L   PCT   GB
Yankees     27  21 .563    ---
Red Sox     28  22 .560    ---

I hope I can get those photos up by tonight!

No comments: