Monday, April 18, 2011

Game 15/162, Dice-K, 'nough said

This game will have an early start, 11:00 AM and Dice-K will be pitching against a relatively good pitcher, Ricky Romero. Dice-K hasn't been pitching well as he has had a few years ago. Since his last win, Dice-K has a 9.36 ERA. Last game, he gave up 7 ERs and 8 hits in 2+ innings. I thought it look like he was throwing batting practice to the Rays. This is what Tito said about is last start:
"[W]hen we got into the second, everything went to the middle of the plate. ... seven balls hit right on the barrel. We love when guys throw strikes, but there were some balls that were middle-middle for the first seven hitters."
After his 2+ terrible innings pitched, Dice-K was probably the most hated man in Boston. As he waked back to the dugout, he was loudly booed.
"Nobody really wants to be booed by the fans. The only way I can change this is to show good results in front of them. ... I watched a video after the game and I noticed a clear difference between when I pitch well and bad. There's something to fix."
I think if I were Epstein, I'd give him this start and if he did well give him another game. But if he does badly, I would trade him for a couple Minor Leaguers and make Felix Doubront the fifth starter.
For the Blue Jays, they have ace, Ricky Romero who has a 1.66 ERA and hasn't given up more that 2 ERs per game this season.
       

No comments: